Blog: Week 5

The Weeknd and 'Call Out My Name' collaborators face copyright lawsuit

(https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/music/the-weeknd-and-call-out-my-name-collaborators-face-copyright-lawsuit-3052616)

 I am not going to lie, I have no idea what to blog about for week 5. I have been thinking of a good topic to share with you but can only come up with my favorite music artist. I love listening to music and jamming out to the same songs over and over again in my car. My favorite artist to listen to is The Weeknd and I have been a fan for a couple of years now. In my playlist I have many many of his songs but I also have some Post Malone songs in there too. I know if I am every having a bad day, I can just listen to The Weeknd's songs and my mood will lighten up quite a bit. It allows me to ease my mind which is important to me.

I first discovered The Weeknd when I was living in Canada in 7th/8th grade. On the radio, he was extremely overplayed, like more than Doja cat and Dua Lipa on the radio here. I didn't mind it but this is just where I found out I really came to a liking with his music. I like his really popular songs that are even overplayed on the radio here, but I prefer to listen to his older and less popular songs. When I was growing up I always wanted to like the same music as everyone else to fit in. But once I discovered his music, I realized that I enjoy this and I started not to care for what others think about my taste in music. Overall, I just thought I would share one of my interests since music is a little escape from reality for me. 

Comments

  1. I love the last sentence! Music is really a little escape from reality. The Weeknd is absolutely one of the greatest artists and I love his songs too. I feel like his music is different but in a good way and special from others. As I read you blog, I see myself, like once I find a good song, I listen to that over and over . Right now, I'm so into "Wrecked" by Imagine Dragons. There is no experience of mine that relates to this song, but I just really like this song and how he sings and expresses his emotions. It seems like music does have a power!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment